How to Make Award-winning Mike&#39;s, &#34;Easy As Pie!&#34; Mini Apple Pies
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Snacks.
We all know that eating healthy snacks can help us truly feel better in our bodies. When we eat more healthy snacks and less of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. A salad helps us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult if it is snack time. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
If you’re looking for a quick snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. When you require a fast snack food on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Choosing whole grain food items is always much better than eating the refined grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's, "easy as pie!" mini apple pies recipe. You can have mike's, "easy as pie!" mini apple pies using 20 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies:
- Use Individual Apple Pies
- Use 1 package Pie Crusts [top & bottom & have at room temperature before baking]
- Take 6 large Granny Smith Apples [sliced]
- Provide 1/4 cup Raisins [optional]
- Get 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Provide 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- You need 1/2 tsp Allspice
- You need 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Prepare 3/4 cup Brown Sugar [packed]
- Prepare 1 tsp Granulated Sugar [topping]
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon [topping]
- Prepare 2 tbsp Cornstarch [for thickening]
- Use Kitchen Items
- Use 2 Oversized Ramekins
- Prepare 1 Cutting Board
- Get 1 Knife
- You need 1 medium Pot
- Take 1 large Spoon
- Use 1 Strainer
- Provide 1 can Butter Flavored Pam Spray
Steps to make Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies:
- Wash apples, thin slice, cut the seeds out and discard them. There's no need to peel apples.
- Place apple slices in a pot and fill with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook apples until they are soft. Usually about 10 minutes.
- Once soft, drain in strainer and place apples back in warm pot. Turn heat on low.
- Mix in all ingredients except for pie crust, cinnamon topper and granulated sugar topper.
- Using one of your empty ramekins, turn it over and cut out a circle of pie crust the size of your ramekin openings. Make 2 of those rounds. Lightly spray Pam the insides and bottom of your ramekins. Also make 2 more rounds that are slightly larger than your first ones. These will be your pie toppers.
- To thicken your sliced apple mixture, add 2 tablespoons Cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. With heat turned on, slowly add in cornstarch and water mixture. Your mixture will thicken up as it heats up.
- Taste test to see if you'd like more sugar or cinnamon. It's all up to you!
- Place both pie rounds in each ramekin and press down.
- Using a fork, make holes in the crust.
- Fill both ramekins equally with pie filler.
- Place pie toppers on top and pinch down on to your ramekins.
- Spray tops with butter flavored Pam or real melted butter and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and sugar toppers.
- Place a few slits on top so your pie can breathe, cook and bubble over if need be. Place pies on the lowest rack setting [this will ensure your bottom crust to crisp up] in your oven at approximately 425°.
- Bake as per pie crust manufactures directions. Usually 15 to 17 minutes.
- Serve hot with an ice cream of your choosing!
- Authors Notes: Another gorgeous way of presenting these pies is to slice off the apple top, hollow out the apples contents with a spoon or melon baller, [being careful not to breach the outer apple shell] and cook the innards just as you would have the apple slices. Also, make certain that the apples you choose can stand upright on their own. Lastly, cut raw pie crusts in strips and lay across the apple top interwoven like a lattice fence.
- Lastly, chances are these pies will boil over a bit in between the ramekin top and the top pie crust. So place a cookie sheet or tinfoil underneath the ramekins to catch any dripping fluids. However, one way to avoid this is by cutting out a long, 1/2" piece of raw pie crust and press it [inside] the top, [upper] rim of your ramekin. As it bakes, it will rise into your top crust whereby giving it a better seal.
If you find this Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.