Recipe of Speedy Brad&#39;s Chinese almond chicken
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Brad's Chinese almond chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Brad's Chinese almond chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brad's Chinese almond chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. If we eat more healthy foods and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. A little bit of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This can be a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between meals. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and increase our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is a wonderful choice as long as you do not have a nut allergy. As an all-in-one power booster, almonds offer many health benefits. Different minerals and vitamins are found in these wonderful nuts. Tryptophan, an enzyme also present in turkey that triggers drowsiness, is available in almonds. But when you eat almonds, you don’t feel like you must sleep a while. Alternatively, these nuts help to reduce stress and provide a calming feeling throughout your body. Your emotional level can often be lifted by simply eating almonds.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to brad's chinese almond chicken recipe. You can cook brad's chinese almond chicken using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Brad's Chinese almond chicken:
- Use For the almond gravy
- Get 1/3 cup butter
- Prepare 1/3 cup flour
- Prepare 6 Oz package blanched slivered almonds
- Take 1 qt half and half
- Provide 1 tsp granulated chicken bouillon
- Take For the chicken
- Get 3 large chicken breasts, cut length wise into 1" strips
- You need 1 cup flour
- Take 1 tbs garlic powder
- Provide 2 eggs, beaten
- Take 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Use Oil for frying
- Use Prepared jasmine rice
- You need Green onions for garnish
Steps to make Brad's Chinese almond chicken:
- In a dry pan over medium heat, toast almonds. Stir constantly until they brown well and get very aromatic. Set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in a wok or dutch oven. Add flour and make a roux. Stir constantly until mixture becomes very brown and nutty smelling.
- Meanwhile add cooled almonds to a food processor and chop fine.
- Add 2/3 of the almonds to the roux. Also add chicken bouillon. Slowly add cream to the roux in small amounts. Fully incorporate each time. About 3/4 of the qt should be good at first.
- Keep gravy warm on the lowest setting on the stove while frying the chicken.
- Heat oil for frying. It should cover about half of the chicken strip in the pan. Use a medium low setting.
- Mix flour and garlic powder. Place in a bowl. Place egg and panko in separate bowls.
- Dredge chicken in flour then egg, then panko. Place in hot oil and fry on both sides until panko is golden brown and chicken is cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- During this process the gravy will thicken. Mix small amount of cream back in to keep texture creamy
- Plate rice. Place chicken over the top. Smother in almond gravy. Garnish with more toasted almonds and green onions. I served with a broccoli slaw with snow peas and toasted sesame ginger dressing. Serve immediately. Enjoy
If you find this Brad's Chinese almond chicken recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.