Easiest Way to Prepare Homemade Fried Cabbage with Smoked Sausage
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Fried Cabbage with Smoked Sausage recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Fried Cabbage with Smoked Sausage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fried Cabbage with Smoked Sausage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Enhancing Snack foods.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of healthy foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. This is often a problem, however, when it comes to eating between goodies. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Try eating almonds if you do not are afflicted by nut allergies. Almonds are sometimes considered a super food because they are packed full of things that help boost our energy while keeping us healthy. These nuts contain lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Tryptophan, an enzyme also found in turkey that causes drowsiness, is available in almonds. In the case of almonds, however, they wont allow you to really miss a nap. Rather, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a relaxing feeling throughout your body. Sometimes eating almonds can even be a mood increaser!
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily accessible. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fried cabbage with smoked sausage recipe. To cook fried cabbage with smoked sausage you need 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Fried Cabbage with Smoked Sausage:
- Get 1 head cabbage, chopped
- Take 1 smoked sausage, cut into bite size slices, use as much as you like. I know some like a little, some alot, so I just left measurement off.
- Use 1/4 packages smoked bacon, chopped into bite size pieces
- Use 1 medium onion, chopped or diced
- Use 1 salt and pepper to taste
- You need 1/4 cup beef broth ( Optional )
- Provide 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Take 1 Cajun seasoning ( optional )
Steps to make Fried Cabbage with Smoked Sausage:
- On medium high heat, In a skillet or electric skillet, saute bacon to render out the fat, but do not discard. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Lower heat to medium and Saute onions until soft and caramelized. Add sliced smoked sausage and brown slightly. Add bacon back to mixture. (Thanks for the input michael.buggie )
- When bacon and sausage is cooked, add chopped cabbage, salt and pepper and cook stirring often for about 5-10 minutes. Longer if needed if not using broth.
- If using, add beef broth for a richer taste. Cook until cabbage is tender or slightly has a bite to it. It depends on preference.
- Add seasonings to taste.
If you find this Fried Cabbage with Smoked Sausage recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.