Steps to Make Quick Filipino Chicken Adobo Simmered in Coconut Milk
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Filipino Chicken Adobo Simmered in Coconut Milk recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Filipino Chicken Adobo Simmered in Coconut Milk recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Snacks.
Ingesting healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. When we eat more healthy meals and less of the detrimental ones we generally feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Selecting healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are a few healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Healthy foods made from whole grains are excellent for a fast snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be fantastic for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Whole grains are always better than processed grains found in white bread.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to filipino chicken adobo simmered in coconut milk recipe. To cook filipino chicken adobo simmered in coconut milk you need 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Filipino Chicken Adobo Simmered in Coconut Milk:
- You need 500 grams Chicken drumsticks or bone-in thigh meat ※ Refer to Step 7
- Prepare 1/4 of a small onion Onion
- Provide 2 clove Garlic
- Provide 2 tbsp ＊ Soy sauce
- You need 1/2 tbsp ＊ Vinegar
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp ＊ Sugar
- Prepare 1 dash ＊ Black pepper
- You need 1 Bay leaf (key ingredient)
- Use 100 ml Coconut milk
- Take 1 Vegetable oil
Instructions to make Filipino Chicken Adobo Simmered in Coconut Milk:
- Roughly mince the garlic, and thinly slice the onion.
- Heat the oil, garlic, and onion in a pot or frying pan, and sauté until tender, then add the chicken and continue to sauté.
- Once the chicken cooks through about half way, add the ＊ seasoning ingredients. Fold the bay leaf in half and add it to the pan. After adding the vinegar, don't touch the pan until it comes to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes to allow the meat to absorb the flavors. Although at first the amount of liquid may not appear to be enough, juice will be released from the chicken, so not to worry.
- Once the sauce becomes thick, add the coconut milk and simmer for about 1 minute, then it's done!
- Pour the sauce over the rice before serving.
- Use thick pieces of chicken, such as chicken thigh or drumsticks. Chicken wings or other cuts of chicken are not suitable, since they don't release a sufficient amount of juice.
If you find this Filipino Chicken Adobo Simmered in Coconut Milk recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.