Recipe of Homemade Filipino Adobo Chicken
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Filipino Adobo Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Filipino Adobo Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snack foods.
We all know that eating healthy foods can help us truly feel better in our bodies. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A bit of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
Whole grain foods are an excellent choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that additional boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be excellent for quick treats to eat on the go. Selecting whole grain snacks is always better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to filipino adobo chicken recipe. To cook filipino adobo chicken you only need 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino Adobo Chicken:
- Get 2 lbs mixed chicken thighs and legs
- Take 1 onion, sliced
- Use 2 Tbsp canola oil
- You need 1 Tbsp whole black peppercorns, smashed
- Use 1 tsp powdered ginger
- You need 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Use 4 bay leaves
- Get 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Take 2 Tbsp xiaoxing rice wine
- Use 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- Get 1/2 cup soy sauce
- You need 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- Get 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Take 2 Tbsp unflavored gelatin
- Provide 3 medium potatoes, chunked
- Use 1 carrot, diced
- Provide 2 spring onions, sliced
- Take 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
Steps to make Filipino Adobo Chicken:
- Prep your ingredients. Combine the soy, vinegar, and stock. If you have time marinate the chicken in this mixture for 2-3 hours before, but reserve the marinade when cooking the chicken.
- Dry the surface of your chicken with paper towels. This helps with browning later.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the chicken in 2 batches, skin side down.
- Sear until the chicken skin releases. ~10 min.
- Remove the first batch of chicken and set aside. Add the second batch and sear.
- Remove the second batch of chicken and deglaze the pan by adding the onions, xiaoxing, and fish sauce and scraping the pans bottom to get the fond up.
- Add the black pepper, ginger, red pepper, garlic and bay. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the soy, vinegar, stock solutions. If you marinated the chicken, add this reserved marinade.
- When the mixture come to a simmer add the chicken back to the pot
- Add the potatoes and carrots on top and nestle into the liquid.
- Bring the pot to a simmer and then simmer covered on low for 40 minutes to cook the chicken and vegetables.
- Remove the cover and reduce the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Plate some jasmine rice and garnish with sesame and sliced green onion
If you find this Filipino Adobo Chicken recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.