Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Filipino Chicken Adobo
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Vitality.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. A piece of pizza does not cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Here are a few healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
If you’re looking for a fast snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch break. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Whole grains are always better than processed grains included in white bread.
You can find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to filipino chicken adobo recipe. To cook filipino chicken adobo you only need 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino Chicken Adobo:
- Use 1 kilo chicken cut into pieces
- Prepare 1 head garlic 4-5 garlic cloves crushed and the remaining minced
- Take 2 tablespoons oil
- Provide 4 pieces bay leaves
- You need 1/2 tablespoon peppercorn
- You need 1/2 cup white vinegar (sugar cane or balsamic goes well too)
- Get 1 cup soy sauce
- You need 1/4 cup water
- Provide 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Prepare Optional: peeled hard-boiled eggs and/or potatoes cut in quarter
Steps to make Filipino Chicken Adobo:
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce and vinegar with the crushed garlic for at least 2 hours or even overnight. The longer the chicken stays in the marinade, the tastier and flavorful it becomes.
- Heat oil in pan and cook remaining minced garlic until light golden brown. Set aside toasted garlic as toppings later. Remove chicken from the marinade (keep marinade sauce) and pan fry chicken in the same oil as the garlic for about 3-5 minutes per side or until it browns a little. Don't worry about having to cook chicken through just yet, as you will still let it stew later.
- Put back marinade sauce from earlier and add water, sugar, peppercorn, and bay leaves. Add optional potatoes and peeled hard-boiled eggs. Let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes. You will know chicken is cooked once it is fork tender is starting to release oil. I like my adobo on the drier side so I let the it simmer until the sauce thickens and mostly evaporated.
- Serve with white rice topped with toasted garlic and enjoy!
If you find this Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.