Easiest Way to Prepare Super Quick Homemade Southern Skillet Cornbread
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Southern Skillet Cornbread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southern Skillet Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Skillet Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Energy.
We are all aware that eating healthy snacks can help us truly feel better within our bodies. If we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the bad ones we usually feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. This is usually a problem, however, when it comes to eating between meals. You can spend hours at the food market searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
When looking for a convenient nutritious snack, do not forget about yogurt. Eating natural yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch is not a good idea. Low fat yogurt helps make a fantastic snack, nevertheless. It is a protein-rich resource of healthy nutritional vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your digestive tract work appropriately depending upon the culture used to produce it. Quick hint: pick unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an simple way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
You do not have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southern skillet cornbread recipe. You can have southern skillet cornbread using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Skillet Cornbread:
- Take 3 tbsp butter
- Use 2 eggs
- Take 2 cups buttermilk
- Take 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- You need 1/2 cup flour
- Provide 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Get 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Take 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Prepare 2 tsp granulated sugar (or 1-2 tbsp molasses)
- Get 1 tbsp high-smokepoint fat, like bacon grease or canola oil
Steps to make Southern Skillet Cornbread:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Add fat to a 10-in cast iron skillet and put into the oven while preheating.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs. Whisk in buttermilk. Slowly stream in butter while whisking. Add molasses, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar). Add wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
- Remove cast iron from oven when it reaches temp. Rotate/twist to ensure even coating of grease.
- Quickly add batter to center of pan (it will bubble and sizzle a LOT!). Gently spread out if needed (don't scrape the pan).
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until deeply browned and pulling away from the sides. Cool 15 minutes in the pan. Serve while still warm, with butter and honey.
- The original recipe, from my spouse's great grandma.
If you find this Southern Skillet Cornbread recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.