Step-by-Step Guide to Make Any-night-of-the-week Foxtail Millet Pongal
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Foxtail Millet Pongal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Foxtail Millet Pongal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Power.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of nutritious foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Healthy foods made from whole grains are excellent for a easy snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch break. Eating on the run can be much healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Make the modification from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to foxtail millet pongal recipe. You can cook foxtail millet pongal using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Foxtail Millet Pongal:
- Provide 3/4 cup foxtail millet
- Get 1/4 cup roasted moong dal
- Use 2 tbsp. oil
- Provide 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- Take 1 sprig curry leaves
- You need 1 tsp. urad dal
- You need 1 dry red chilli
- Prepare 1-2 green chilli, slit
- You need 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- Get 1/2 tsp. whole peppercorns
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp. roasted cashew nuts
- Provide to taste salt
- Get 1 tbsp. ghee
- Get 1 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
Instructions to make Foxtail Millet Pongal:
- Soak the foxtail millet and moong dal for 2-3 hours. Pressure cook with 3 1/2 cups water and salt to taste for 4-5 whistles. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with mustard seeds & red chilli. After it stops spluttering, add the curry leaves, green chilies, peppercorns, ginger, urad dal and roasted cashews.
- Saute for a few seconds and pour this tempering over the boiled millet-dal mix. Drizzle some ghee over it and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with coconut chutney & sambar.
If you find this Foxtail Millet Pongal recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.