Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Mom&#39;s Best Biscuits
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mom's Best Biscuits recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mom's Best Biscuits recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Snacks.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a portion of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend hours at the supermarket searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
Whole grain meals are an excellent choice for a fast healthy snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be excellent for quick treats to eat on the go. Whole grains are always better than refined grains included in white bread.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mom's best biscuits recipe. To make mom's best biscuits you need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Mom's Best Biscuits:
- Prepare cake flour
- Prepare all-purpose flour
- You need baking powder
- Provide cream of tartar
- Provide sugar
- Get salt
- Get lard or shortening
- Provide butter
- Prepare buttermilk
- You need egg wash
- Take egg
- You need water
Steps to make Mom's Best Biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 425°F, sift dry ingredients into a large bowl, cut in cold lard/shortening and butter into the flour using a pastry cutter or your fingers until it resembles course crumbs.
- Add buttermilk 1/2 cup at a time, mixing with a fork or your hands until dough staystarts to come away from sides of the bowl, you may need all the milk or not if dough is too dry add more milk if it's too wet add a little more flour, on a lightly floured surface turn out dough, knead 7-10 times then pat out into a rectangle 1/2 inch thick
- Fold dough into thirds on top of itself like an envelope, using a rolling pin roll into 1/2 inch thick rectangle then repeat the fold and roll step 2 more times, this is what creates flaky layers into the biscuit.
- Roll dough into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle after the final fold and roll, cut out biscuits with a 1 1/2 to 2 inch biscuit cutter, place biscuits close together on a greased baking pan or cake pan
- Beat egg with 1 teaspoon of water brush tops of biscuits bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown, brush tops with melted butter, enjoy
If you find this Mom's Best Biscuits recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.